Friday 18 July 2008

Our second academic excursion




On Thursday we had our second academic excursion in London.The theme of the excursion was plague and fire.We started from Queenswood in the morning and we did about one hour.When we arrived there firstly we had a tour in London to see some of the places that were in relation to our theme.The monuments that I found most interesting were the churchyard St.Olaves and the head of Samuel Pepys whose diary gives us lots of information about the Great Fire. An interesting fact that I learnt was that Samuel buried a big piece of cheese in the back garden of his house during the Great Fire .Then we went to the boat HMS Belfast which personally I think was the most interesting part of the excursion.We saw lots of guns and weapons.Aditionally we saw lots of mannequins.Then we went back to college.This was my last academic excursion at Queenswood and it was great.Tomorrow I am leaving.Generally my days at Queenswood were fantastic but unfortunately they passed very quickly!!!I did lots of interesting things and activities.I also learnt new things during the lessons and I met students from different nationalities!I hope Iwill come back next year because I had a great time!!!

No comments: